Sunday, 2 March 2014

Final Three

Whoo Hoo! I finished the Splitcoast LoveFest Challenge today! That was eleven projects in about a week, since I was a little late reading the notice of the challenge. Anyway, it was a great experience - I stretched my ideas a bit and spent a lot of time in my happy place. The result was more than a dozen cards ready to use at a moment's notice. So, here's how they turned out....

Styling with a Red Rose


I simply love this stamp from Great Impressions. I must confess, the stamp image was enlarged with my printer for this project, and I wish I had of made it larger still. Coloring it was lots of fun with Copics:
R35, 37, 39
N0, 3, 5
G 24, 28;

The beautiful die in the corner is a Spellbinders, made for Heartfelt Creations, entitled the Decorative Blossom Corner. My Favorite Things medium sized die was used for the rolled rose, and a leaf from Spellbinders Foliage adds a note of green.

The bottom border was embossed with a small folder I've lost the info for, but I'm sure it was a Cuttlebug. A Stampin Up punch was used for the sentiment, but I cut it down so it wasn't such a large expanse of white.


Hummingbird in Glitter


This hummingbird die from CheeryLynn was cut from a rosey, purple glitter paper, but it's hard to see here.

The paper, from DCWV Chateau Lavender stack, features such beautiful, glittered flowers, that I couldn't bare to cover them up. I marked where my gold (yes, that is gold, not dark green - sheesh, I need more practice with Photoshop) circle would lay, then I cut around the flowers so I could lift them on top of the circle.

Not a stroke of coloring on this project - quick and easy!


Love You, Too!


The theme of this challenge was cute and fun. Kids and animals - how much more cuteness can a person stand? This image is a digi by artist Lynne Stansbery, which can be purchased through Squigglefly.

You can't go wrong with coloring this line of Lynne's images (and there are many in both dog and cats) because she has done all the shading. I just use a light Copic marker on an area, and another a shade or two darker in the areas she has shaded, and it's all done. Colors used here are:
R000, 00
YR000, 01
E40, 41, 42
E51

The paper here is American Crafts for the base and die cuts, and Heartfelt Creations Floral Key for the pattern. The sentiment is found included in the paper stack.

Thank you for coming with me on this LoveFest challenge. I'll probably take a day or two off to pick the paper scraps off the floor, clean the ink residue out of the sink, and get the glitter out of my eyes, but I'll be back. Hope you will be, too.

1 comment:

  1. Wow all three of these are beautiful. Such different styles and I love them all...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete