Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Song in My Heart


As a result of a previous Splitcoast Challenge, I was fortunate enough to win a prize from The Cat's Pajamas. What a thrill! I chose their Home Tweet Home stamp set and also picked up the matching die. I've used both here today in this challenge inspired by the pictures in their Inspiration Challenge which just happened to feature birdhouses and an iron gate (Hero Arts Metal Flourish).

One of my favorite techniques is sponging Distress Ink onto watercolor paper. Sometimes I spritz the paper with water after; sometimes not. The inks used here are Scattered Straw, Shabby Shutters, Broken China and Pumice Stone.

VersaMark ink and Stampendous Pearlustre Sapphire embossing powder were used on the images and greeting. Spellbinders Fancy Tag 3 cradles the sentiment. Besides watercolor paper, I used Petallics as a base, and navy SU card.

This stamp set comes with so many sweet bird houses. Below is another project featuring them all.



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, I always love reading how you accomplished your finish cards. This is so nice. Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete