Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Smilin' Kitty




I love playing along with Splitcoast Stampers challenges because they really stir the creative juices. The current challenge, Love Fest, salutes the member companies whose support is so vital to the site, but it also connects paper artists who unfailingly cheer each other on toward refining their skills. It's not too late to participate in Love Fest - scoot on over and get inspired.

This project is for the first of the challenges, Puppy Love, which features critters. I appreciate animals, especially sweet little dogs, but I'm a cat person at heart so I naturally gravitate to feline images. This one is so cute and so much fun to color. This is Penny Black's Tulip Jungle, along with Hero Arts' Friendship.

Bella cardstock in Citron is my 5 3/4" base, Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters collection is the patterned paper, and X-Press It Blending card was used for my focal image, stamped in Memento Black. Copic colors include:
BV00, 02, 04
YG91, 93, 95
N0, 3, 5
R20

After coloring and trimming the image, I laid it on my measuring mat and added my clear stamp to see if I could cut a mat large enough to accommodate the design I had in mind, yet small enough to fit the card base. Woo hoo - just enough room for the sentiment I wanted to use and a narrow ribbon. I cut the base, heat embossed the sentiment and rounded the corners. Then I went to my ribbon and - what do you know - nothing suitable! Why is it that no matter the size of your stash, you don't have exactly what you need for a certain project? Reminds me of buying my last purse at Sears - a whole wall of purses, but nothing exactly like I wanted. What to do? I grabbed on to a scrap of the purple paper and cut a small scalloped border - design saved. Dots of Liquid Pearls finished it off.

Here's a shot of The Boss - my real life kitty inspiration. As you can see, she knows how to relax! And she knows she's only supposed to sit where her blankie is, not on the couch fabric - that's a cat for ya.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I really love the colors you used in this card. Perfect...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete