Thursday, 27 February 2014

Kraft Isn't Just for Dinner


I've always avoided the kraft-colored sheets in my paper assortments. They look like old grocery bags to me (yes, I realize I am dating myself). But one of the challenges in the Splitcoast Love Fest is a Color Challenge using pink, red, kraft and white. I created something with kraft-colored ink, as you can see below, but something kept telling me to pull out a sheet of craft and give it a go. The result was pleasantly surprizing.

I used a dark red SU card base, and just one top layer in SU kraft. It was heat embossed with VersaMark and white powder. Then I used SU water color crayons to add layers of color to the flower. Finally I sponged around the edges with Distress Ink Aged Mahogany.

Stamps used here are Stampendous Jumbo Dahlia and Heartfelt Creations Classic Messages. A little ribbon and a few Liquid Pearl dots finished it up, Quite a simple card, and goes together quickly.

Here's my first version of this project....


This one was stamped on watercolor paper with Memento Toffee Crunch, heat embossed in clear, and colored with Distress Inks Aged Mahogany, Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar. The same card was used for the base, but a layer of thin gold metallic paper was added behind the focal image. Very quick and simple.

1 comment:

  1. Both of these are outstanding. I love them...Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete