Monday, 17 February 2014

Birthday Balloon Bouquet


It's been a while since I've posted a new project, but I'm back. My father has experienced a challenging health issue over the past few months and, seeing as I'm the only kid in town, I'm the "go to" caregiver. Dad's doing better these days and it's time to get back to the things in my craft room that feed my soul.

Impression Obsession's current challenge is to create a birthday project. I've chosen their Balloon image for my card. I think it's great for a birthday card, but it could suit any celebration. I must credit my friend Barbie for this color choice. Barbie and I were crafting the other day, and she put these colors together - so pretty.

Papers for this project include DCWV for the base, Prima Art Journal for the patterned paper, Stampin Up for the Spellbinders Fancy Floral die cut and X-press It Blending card for the image oval. Copic colors used were:
R21, 11, 42, 43
YG21, 23

Other products include pop dots, Stickles and Liquid Pearls.

And next...

 


This project also features Impression Obsession stamps, but I don't think it qualifies for the contest as I've used another company's die in my design. The stamps are Letters Mingle Souls and Mini Messages. The die is Spellbinders for Heartfelt Creations Decorative Lace Border.

Stampin Up was used for the base, the same Prima paper as above for the lace, and some DCWV for the solid color paper on which I heat embossed the image using Memento Rich Cocoa. I stamped the pen first, then covered it up with a scrap of the same image, and then stamped the envelope. I mounted the image on a scrap of American Crafts brown paper, trimmed around and mounted with pop dots. The image paper looks a little pinker here than it does in real. The doodle in the corner was done with various stencils and Liquid Pearls.

I hope you get some inspiration from todays post. It's good to be back in the groove!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it...So good to see you posting again...I have thought of you often and I am just a bad friend for not emailing. Life just gets to us sometimes...Sorry to hear about your Dad. Your cards are both lovely...It would be so hard for me to choose a favorite...I promise to keep in touch...lol Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb.....so nice to see you creating and uploading again!! I'm glad your dad's feeling better. I love both these cards....they're really lovely.....but I REALLY love the first one....great image, beautiful colours and fabulous colouring!

    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete